Friday, October 19, 2007

It's All About Light

Several weeks ago I did a photo shoot for a friend. She wanted some close up shots of "her baby" to place in some cards for close friends. This special pet is a
very cute little Yorkie & she turned out to be a great little model. We took several shots outside & then decided to move inside where it was cooler. I wanted to use my 100 mm lens for some nice close ups. Unfortunatley I did not have my flash with me. I was able to increase my ISO ( speed) & get some pretty decent exposure times, but looking back at the shots I just wasn't happy with them.
Yesterday I went back over for a second try with little Miss Sophie. This time I was packing a flash & also an extra side light. The difference was unbelievable! I could tell even before I took my first shot that they were going to be much better. We shot about 30 pictures & they were almost all winners! She was happy & I certainly was happy. Sophie got her treats so it turned out to be a win, win, win situation!
My flash I used mostly to bounce from the ceiling. The sidelight I placed at 45* to the subject. It created a very warm feeling to the pictures ,& also greatly enhanced the look of her coat.

No comments: